Monday, September 15, 2008

Recovery

Recovery is an act of recovering; restoration or return to health from sickness; restoration or return to any former and better state or condition; time required for recovering. dictionary.com

I am in that act of recovering -waiting to return to health. I had surgery three days ago and now have a two week recovery process. Two weeks of no driving, lifting, pushing or pulling. One week of limited stair climbing. Basically doing nothing!

Doing Nothing - is something that is hard for me not to do. Those that know me personally know that I hate things out of order and have a hard time allowing people to do things for me. The past few days my wonderful husband has been doing the laundry, cleaning, cooking and taking care of the kids and me. I am having a hard time sitting still and watching - I am learning that it is okay that the table chairs are not lined up right - I told you I have issues!

I am following the doctors orders and resting in bed today - I have my laptop, books, TV, a snack, phone and painkillers. I don't think I have sat this still in years.

Thank you Michael for taking care of me, Grant, Marah and the house. You are doing an awesome job and you make a killer grilled cheese sandwich! I love you.









1 comment:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

While I think I'm probably better than you at "doing nothing," it is still hard for me to let others take care of things, rather than doing them myself. Hang in there. Praying for you and your recovery.