My friend Katrina over at Callapidder Days posted 7 things about herself. She suggested giving it a try today. Since I have been at a blogger's block the past few weeks I thought I would give this post a try. I am sure this is going to be more information than you needed to know about me today, but it is all about me!
1. Starbucks. I will drive out of my way for a Grande, non-fat, no-whip Mocha. My poor family will sit in the car waiting for me for 20 minutes, while I stand in line on a Sunday morning for coffee. When I book hotels, I check to see where the closet Starbucks is located. FYI, family - For our trip in two weeks, there are 8 locations around the area.
2. Cookies. I have a cookie business, Cookies By Rachel, and I don't really care for cookies. I will pass on a cookie; now brownies and cakes I love.
3. 21 years. Tomorrow will be 21 years since my husband and I started to date. We started to date when we were 15 years old, high school sweethearts. We dated 8 1/2 years before we got married, 6 of those years were long distance. We would see each other twice a year on college breaks and talked 30 minutes twice a week.
4. Laundry. I don't do laundry. I am so fortunate that my wonderful husband handles all the laundry - washing, folding and 99% of the time putting it away. He is awesome!
5. Flip-Flops. I love flip-flops. I wear them year round. If it is too cold I just add socks. Yes I am a dork.
6. Organizing. I have OCD about organizing. I love Fridays when the kids come home with their weekly folders and I get to pull out all my colored pens and the calendar and get us ready for next week. I use three calendars - the main one that hangs on the fridge, my Centro Palm phone, and the Family Organizer. Everything is crossed checked daily and each family member has a color. I think I might need help!
7. DVR. I love the DVR. I believe that is the only way to watch TV now. I don't have to deal with commercials and can pause and rewind as needed.