Sunday, November 23, 2008

Long Time

It has been a long time since I really posted. I have hit a bloggers block. It is bad when you can not even start a "bloggers block" post. I think I have deleted three times before I got to this point.

We have been busy - getting ready for our trip to NC and WV this week. We got our Christmas trees up this past week and the kids did their Christmas shopping at school. I have even gotten each kid a gift off their list. I still feel like I have a long way to go before December 25th.


I am still trying to get my energy back from my surgery. I go tomorrow for another follow up appointment with the doctor. I have been told that it could take up to 6 - 12 months before my energy will return. I am just thankful for all the help that Michael has been during all of this. I don't know what I would have done if he was not such an awesome dad and husband.



We have been rehearsing hard for our Christmas program at Church. As in the past, it will be three nights of dinner and a show. This year we are excited that Grant and Marah will be in the program. Just maybe this will get some family and friends to come see it. We had a very long practice tonight 5pm - 9pm, but are excited that we have this coming Sunday off.

As you can tell from this post my life has been really boring. I mostly have been spending my days in the kitchen baking for the Thanksgiving holiday. I am excited that the business is growing and that we had a nice write up in the Pittsburgh Magazine. (http://www.wqed.org/mag/features/1208/homemade_holidays.php). The next two weeks will be very busy for Cookies By Rachel, as we bake 450 dozen cookies for a local hospital. We have started to think (dream) about adding a second kitchen.

Well I just realized I really had nothing important to say, but talk about (boring) self. I hope to post again soon with some exciting things.

1 comment:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I like posts like this -- "catch-up posts." But I hear you about blogger's block. I keep forcing myself to post, but I think it may be obvious that I'm doing that. :)

I'm amazed that you have your trees up! I haven't even thought about finding the Christmas decorations yet, though I do have quite a bit of shopping done -- the kids are taken care of and Chad's almost done. I just need extended family to tell us what they want!