Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year


I have been avoiding my blog for weeks. Basically because I felt I had nothing to blog about. The holidays were insanely busy, I baked way too many cookies, ate way too much junk, painted my kitchen, slept in a lot, shopped too much and visited every long lost relative I had.

I was just happy to survive the Holidays without any visits to Med Express or Children's Hospital. The first one in two years. We all were able to attend Christmas dinner as a family at my grandma's house. Christmas at my grandparents was always a favorite of mine growing up. I really enjoyed being able to spend the day with some of my younger cousins, my aunts and uncles.

We have started a new year here at our home with some resolutions and lists to do's. We are off to a good start with them all. Some are a little harder than others, like the no TV rule during the school week. I really thought the kids would fight me on this one, but we made it through the first week. We are happier when it comes to homework time and more focused on the tasks around the house.

We enjoyed a visit from my mom. The kids always enjoy having Nana here. This time the good byes were hard on the kids. Marah did not want any one to talk about Nana for a few days because it just made her miss her more.

We added a new member to our family while Nana was here. Charlie, the fish. Marah got an early birthday gift from Nana and Pap. It took several days before Marah decided to name him Charlie and gave up on the name Rainbow.

So far 2009 has been uneventful in our household. I hope to get back to blogging more and crossing off items on my 2009 list.

1 comment:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I'm so glad you made it through Christmas without any emergency dr. visits!

And good for you about the no TV rule during the week. Camden's pretty good about screen time, but Logan's going to need rehab when I finally break him of it, I think. :)